The objective of the Company is to create shareholder value through the development of base and strategic metal deposits. The Company has a portfolio of high impact base metals interests including projects in Spain, Chile and Australia. Through well considered work programs, Variscan expects to achieve early cashflow and/or significant project value appreciation.
The Board is of the view that the Company is best placed to achieve these objectives by:
- focusing on geological provinces with demonstrated strong mineral endowment;
- seeking to acquire advanced mineral projects in low risk regions where undervalued opportunities are available; and,
- applying advanced exploration techniques and concepts to enhance the likelihood for development success.
To support achievement of these objectives the Company:
- seeks to recruit and retain high calibre talent (we are a "team of teams");
- adopt a systematic approach using advanced techniques and concepts to advance its projects;
- seek to maximise in-ground expenditure as a proportion of the total budget; and,
- recognise and value the interests of all key stakeholders that do business with the Company.